Tuesday, March 18, 2014

January 19, 2014

Hey T,
I am now in Bambang, it is the bottom of the mission. It is the last city in our mission before you get to the other mission. It is a city and country. My area is way big. We just walk for hours to get to people. We are in the mountains so we walk up hills a lot. At night it gets way cold. I never thought it would get this cold in the Philippines, but i get way cold. It's like the beginning of fall back home. It's almost perfect during the day, then at night it gets way cold. It is just because I am in the mountains. It's almost the end of rainy season. I hope I am down here for as much of the summer as I can because it wont be so hot here. My companion is okay, he is newer so I am now the senior companion and sometimes I don't think my companion knows what he is doing. I have to tell him how to do a lot of things. We got asked to give a blessing and he didn't know how to do it. He said we need to talk to President first so I had to set him straight that we don't have to. Then I had to teach him how to do it. We went to teach a family and I found out it wasn't our area so I told him we can't, but he said it was okay. So I will have to talk with him and tell him we can't go way into other missionaries areas to teach. I just know I will be teaching him how to do a lot of things this cycle. We didn't have very many people that came to church. I am in the city and my last area that was in the middle of no where had more people at church then here. My last area had like 120 people come to church this place had like 20, so we have a lot of growing to do and a lot of work. Well I hope things are going good back home.
Miss and love you all.
Elder Doney 


No comments:

Post a Comment