Thursday, April 18, 2013

I love it here!

My mission is awesome. I am in Santiago City. We have 2 McDonald's it is awesome. I love to go there. This is the only place in my mission that has 2 McDonald's and there are only 3 in the whole mission. The Country is way cool. There is a lot of trash every were, but it is still way cool. My companion's name is Elder Delector. He has only 2 months left so I am his last companion. Friday he had a really bad reaction to some medication that he took. So we spent the night and all day Saturday in the hospital, it was not fun. I had to sleep in a chair. When I got up to go do something my right leg was completely numb so I fell over. Everyone started to laugh. Because we were in the hospital I missed the Saturday session and the Priesthood session of General Conference, but I was able to see the Sunday sessions. They were so good. It is good to hear what the Prophet has to say. That has been my favorite Sunday. Here in the Philippines if you have great respect for someone when you shake their hand you will put their hand to you forehead. When I was walking down the street a bunch of little kids came up to us, because I am white they all just stare at me, and one of them came up to me and put my hand to his forehead. I have no idea why, but it was awesome. It made me feel so good. The people here don't have very much money. We have one Nanay (mom) here that we call the missionary Nanay. Every day for lunch she feeds all the missionaries here, it is crazy. She really cares about the missionaries. They don't have much and her husband wanted to do something for the missionaries so he fed them and when he died she continued it. She is an amazing person. I love it here and will send pictures when I get take more. I love and think about you every day.

Love You,
Elder Doney       

Mom, 
 Things are going great. It is so hot I do nothing but sweat all the time. I have not had any one yell at me. I have had people swear at me because I am white, but most of the time the kids just look at me for a really long time. Here if you really respect someone when you shake their hand you put their hand to you forehead, it is a sign of respect.  I was walking and a bunch of little kids came up to us and one of them did that to me. It was way cool. I have no idea why, but I liked it. The people here love the gospel and are willing to listen to you. They are way nice we have 3 people getting baptized on the 27th and like 4 on the 11th next month, it is way exiting. One sister we are teaching, her sister is active in the church. They are rich and they always have us come do laundry in their laundry machine. She told me last time we taught them that she tries her hardest to do what we say, and when she does she can feel that it is true. I told her lets go get baptized right now. It was way cool. I missed the Saturday session and Priesthood session of General Conference because I spent Friday night and all day Saturday in the hospital with my companion. He had a really bad reaction to some medication he took. It was way scary, but everything is okay now and he is up and about. I was able to see the Sunday sessions and I loved it!  It was so awesome to hear the words of the Prophet. Could you send stuff like top roman and Oreos and goop and what ever you can think of. My companion loves Papa Jay's jerky! I still have some but he ask me all the time if he can have some. I love you and think about you every day. I can't wait to tell you more stories and send some awesome pictures. I don't have very many pictures yet when I get some good ones I will send them.
Love You,
Elder Doney     

No comments:

Post a Comment